I’m pretty excited to turn 27, but it’s also really scary. I feel like there’s still so much to learn and so much to grow but adulting is exhausting! FOMO is strong some days, but nevertheless, I’m trying to live happily every day.
Here’s a quick, fun list of 27 things you may not know about me.
- English is my second language. My parents taught me Cantonese, and until I went to Kindergarten, that was my main language. I am not as fluent as I used to be, but I can still order my favorite foods because you know, priorities.
- I lived in New York for 12 years. And if you ever hear me say hot dog without thinking, it’s evident.
- I’m pretty blind. I’ve had glasses since I was five years old. One of my eye doctors have told me that if I hurt one of my eyes, I could go blind. Thanks, doc.
- Folding clothes help me cope when I’m stressed. Whenever I’m going through something or I have to wait for a result, I redo my closet. The good thing is that I haven’t felt this way in awhile. The bad news is that my closet and dressers are a mess.
- I was born on Chinese New Year. So, it’s pretty easy to remember my lunar birthday. This year Chinese New Year falls on February 16, so double birthday week for me!
- My family in Vietnam has seen me three times. It’s always an interesting experience visiting family and seeing how a different culture lives. The food was magnificent.
- I am not a morning person. It takes me about an hour or so of being awake before I even like to speak.
- I am a sucker for romcoms and animated films. How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Leap Year, Definitely Maybe, 13 Going on 30… any Studio Ghibli and Pixar and yeah, all of that.
- But, I get love Ryan so I end up watching a lot of cop shows. NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bosch, SVU, currently he’s watching Longmire. White Collar is totally my jam, though.
- I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to alcohol. Most people turn pink when buzzed, I turn rashy.
- I like moving through crowds. I’m masterful at weaving through them, thanks to that city blood. I do not like being stuck in a crowd though, there’s a huge difference.
- Driving is not my forté. I won’t ever volunteer to drive. I will hand over my keys in a heartbeat. Which kind of sucks when you’re the adult who doesn’t drink alcohol.
- I’m messy. I love lists, I love the idea of organization, but I also like to have things within sight so I don’t forget about them.
- I’m deadly shy. I practice conversations in the shower. Just random ones to prepare me for situations.
- Let it rain! I love the rain. When I was younger, rainy days would energize me like 5 Mountain Dews. Now, only caffeine can.
- I love window shopping. I always feel extra inspired afterward.
- I still have pens from high school, because I don’t want to waste the ink. How lame, right?
- I go make-up free 90% of the time. Sleep and food > pretty.
- Spicy food is a no-no. Even the spicy chicken patty at school made my tongue burn. I will, however, try to eat mild wings every time, and every time I drink gallons of water.
- I could eat eggs, potatoes, rice, and noodles every day. and ice cream. Notice the lack of green on that list. Oh, and extra cheese pizza is pretty yum, too.
- I never had a salad until I was a teenager. Salads are not big in the Asian culture. I have always had vegetables with the broth we had every night, though.
- The beginning of projects is my favorite part. Seeing it through is the hardest part.
- I have a dirt bike. I’m still a total beginner, but I love it.
- I’m critical because I care. I always get pegged for being mean because I will always be honest about what I’m thinking. I think that’s why I stay quiet a lot.
- Is anyone still reading this? 27 is hella long… I should rethink this. I’m an overthinker.
- I love reading, but never make the time. I’m still stuck in YA books, I just love the ease of them.
- We made it! I love creating things. This is pretty obvious, but I think people forget that I do all of this side hustle stuff because I thoroughly enjoy it. I’m always down to make anything with my hands and to make the coolest things.
Cheers to 27 🎉 I’m gonna eat my Carvel cake now.